Spanish teacher for adult group classes (with the added possibility of tutoring)
Your role would involve taking on a two-hours a week Beginners course in Thornleigh, on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evening. Classes usually run from 6:30-8:30pm, or 7:00-9:00pm. Some resources are provided, depending on the level of the course. It involves teaching the course and preparation. Courses last between 6 and 10 weeks.
- A desire to teach adults of all ages
- Experience in teaching adults
- ABN (Australian Business Number) or willingness to obtain one
- Willingness to set up and pack up the teaching room before and after classes
- Weekly communication with director of school to report on attendance
- Photocopying, if necessary (100% reimbursed)
- Fortnightly invoice
- Teaching qualifications
- Willingness to tutor individual students before the lessons. This can be coordinated to match up as closely as possible with your evening lesson times.
- Working With Children Check (if engaging in tutoring work with children)
- Willingness to post on social media to raise the school’s profile. This will attract a weekly bonus.
$35-45 per teaching hour, depending on the teacher’s experience and qualifications, as well as on the group size. A weekly set up/admin fee of $10 is granted per two hour group course.
About the school
Sydney Language School is a small, independent language school for all ages that has grown organically since its founding two years ago. It specialises in Spanish, French and Italian group classes as well as in tutoring from toddlers to travellers to retirees. For the last 2.5 years the school has been based in Thornleigh, and because of its growth, it is now expanding to the Blue Mountains. Our desire is to provide opportunities for children and adults to learn “another’s heart language”. Visit our home page www.sydneylanguageschool.com.au to watch a video and learn more about the school’s philosophy and values.
Benefits and perks
The hourly rate is negotiable according to the candidate’s education and experience. You will be paid the full amount of the hourly rate, as no tax is deducted by us. Hours are flexible according to the candidate’s availability, and more hours of work can be provided as demand for tutors and teachers grows. There are also many opportunities to contribute to the growth of the school even beyond teaching, if the candidate is interested. There is a great feeling of camaraderie amongst the staff and students, as they share a sense of fun, friendship and a love for all things international. The venue has plenty of parking and it is located near shops, as well as within walking distance of Thornleigh railway station.
Skills and experience
Ability to teach a foreign language to adults of a wide variety of ages is essential. Experience is required also. Ability to teach children is an advantage, as other needs arise.
Please submit a brief cover letter in English by email and attach your CV (in English also) to email@example.com, outlining how you meet the requirements to teach these classes or students.
Other vacancies for future classes
French and Italian teachers for adult group classes (with the added possibility of one-on-one or small group tutoring)